Job Title: Deli Sales Manager Trainee
Department: Deli / Kitchen Manager Trainee
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the district with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions ***
Applicants must be willing to travel to the following stores: Bedford, Concord, Derry, John Devine Dr, Hanover St, Hooksett, Raymond, Exeter, Hampton, Hampstead and Londonderry.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Foster a positive and inclusive environment to retain associates and customers.
2. Manage department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
3. Ensure the maintenance of the department’s appearance and presentation.
4. Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
5. Attain departmental financial objectives.
6. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Deli associates as assigned.
7. Role model outstanding friendly customer service.
8. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
9. Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
10. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
2. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
3. Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
4. Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
5. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the Deli department [deli meats, cheese, chicken, salads, sandwiches, etc]
6. Conduct performance appraisals on all department associates according to company standards.
7. Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
8. Understand and use company tools such as; MPP, financial reports, scheduling, ordering and business information systems.
9. Ensure operational and merchandising standard practices are followed to maximize profitability, paying special attention to priority categories.
11. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
12. Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
13. Understand the causes and means for resolving and limiting shrink.
14. Have total understanding of the department’s standard practice manual and Program Manuals for each Deli program.
15. Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Store Manager
-A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
-Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
-Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
-Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
-Desire and ability to lead and manage a team.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
-Ability to use technical information to solve problems.
-Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
1. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
2. Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
3. Lift up to 20 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
4. Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
5. Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
6. Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to prepare products.
7. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
Apply On-line Apply On-line
Location/Region: Bedford, NH