This position performs agent duties for policyholders serviced by The Main Street America Group (MSA), covering multiple lines of business and states. Conducts policy review and rounds out coverage by selling additional policies to mitigate coverage gaps. Fully utilize cross-selling techniques and IRPM (Individual Risk Premium Modification) authority to increase business retention. Prepares quotes, initiates policy changes, issues certificates of insurance, recommends and/or binds coverage as required. Audit accounts to identify underwriting concerns. Responds to telephone and written inquiries on behalf of other agents; provides technical support and customer follow-up on all inquiries and issues.
Licensed to sell MSA products and services. Advise/sell policyholders on MSA products and services.
This is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis and is eligible for overtime pay.
• Associate’s degree preferred
• Applicable designations in area of focus preferred
• 2 - 3 years customer service, insurance and/or call center work experience or equivalent
• Intermediate computer skills and good customer service skills required
• Attention to detail
• Customer focus
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• High degree of self management and team involvement
• Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and delegate work according to priority
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Sound reasoning skills in order to resolve customer concerns and issues
• Property & Casualty Producer license required (or must be obtained within 120 days from date of hire)
About this company
Our mission is to provide the independent agent with property and casualty insurance products and services for individuals, families and small businesses in Main Street America.
The Main Street America Group offers insurance exclusively through independent agents. Since 1923, we have partnered with independent agents to offer consumers a variety of important insurance coverages. Our continued commitment to consumers and independent agents has contributed to our growth and success. Today, Main Street America offers property and casualty insurance in 36 states, surety bonds in 45 states and the District of Columbia and annually writes more than $1 billion in premium.
We believe that independent agents offer consumers the best value when they are shopping for insurance. They represent several insurance companies and have a choice of which company to use for each policy. So consumers can trust that when their agents recommend our company, it is because they believe we offer the best protection possible.
Location/Region: Keene, NH