Process Engineer job in Keene, New Hampshire, United States | Science & Engineering jobs at Fortive
As a Janos Process Engineer on our team, you will learn firsthand how infrared optics and assemblies are manufactured and tested. Our products end up in equipment around the world supporting the US military and in commercial night vision products.
As a Janos Process Engineer you will be part of the team that guides our production staff through the challenges of manufacturing high precision optical components and improves our products for customers.
This is an entry level position with growth opportunity.
- Develops, documents, and implements manufacturing processes while incorporating of Design For Manufacturability concepts, specifically in the use of modern optical fabrication equipment.
- Implements and maintains cost improvement plans within the assigned areas and in support of manufacturing and to further business objectives.
- Liaison between the design engineering, quality departments, and manufacturing to assure that products meet functional requirements within cost goals.
- Conducts Gage Repeatability and Reliability (Gage R&R) for measurement systems utilized in producing part, and Measurement System Analysis's (MSA's)
- Conducts Design of Experiments and test plans to measure and validate performance against print specifications.
- Supports manufacturing in resolving technical production issues and equipment problems
- Reviews new product introductions at all stages, recommending modifications where advisable to minimize costs and permit the most favorable manufacturing methods.
- Support and apply Lean Manufacturing principles by means of Fortive Business Systems, to drive continuous improvement.
- Minimum two-year engineering degree, or five years equivalent Process Engineering experience.
- Basic metrology measurement abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform “hands on” technical work in a manufacturing team environment; requiring, metrology, testing, data collection and analysis of results.
- Effective trouble shooting and problem-solving methods.
- Eagerness to learn a variety of tools and instruments required in the manufacture of precision optical components.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate with co-workers, customers, and suppliers;
- Strong work ethic, displaying attention to detail, initiative, adaptability, and integrity; team player; ability to work with minimal supervision, and to exercise sound professional judgment.
- Must be a US Person as defined by 22 CFR 120.15.
- Effective use of MS Office, advanced Excel user preferred.
- Familiarity with the ISO 9000:2000 quality standard or equivalent
- Experience in the optics industry.
- CNC programing skills highly preferred.
- C# programing a plus.
Janos Technology Overview
Janos Technology is a leader in Infrared optical components, coating, and related assemblies. We have been in business for over 50 years with a strong dedicated team that innovates to meet our customer’s needs. We offer competitive salary, vacation and sick time, health insurance and 401k. We are a business that reports into Fluke.
Fluke is leading the world in creating software, test tools and technology that will support customers today and in the future. We are a customer-obsessed market leader with a strong reputation for reliability, quality and safety.
Fortive is a provider of essential technologies for connected workflow solutions across a range of attractive end-markets. The company holds leading positions in intelligent operating solutions, precision technologies, and advanced healthcare solutions. Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 17,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 50 countries around the world. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
We all have a role in building a community where everyone belongs. Where you can speak your mind, be yourself, and feel supported. It’s how we achieve more together — for each other, for our customers, and for the world. https://www.fortive.com/inclusion-diversity