We are currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Director of Environmental Services.
RiverMead is a not-for-profit, full-service, LifeCare Retirement Community located in Peterborough, New Hampshire. As a full-service community, we offer a wide variety of services and amenities to the residents we serve. We offer our staff competitive wages and excellent benefits, including a 403(b) retirement savings plan with a 6% match, a generous paid time off plan, and much more; not to mention the opportunity to work in a caring and friendly environment.
- Directly plans, organizes, and directs the housekeeping, laundry, and floor care functions across two campuses of our organization.
- Oversees the management of all housekeeping, laundry, and floor care personnel.
- Departmental duties include but are not limited to hiring, employee performance management, coaching, training & development, purchasing departmental supplies/equipment & budgeting.
- Assures compliance with rules and regulations regarding housekeeping and laundry standards and protocols including compliance with all Health Care Regulations and OSHA standards.
- Develops and manages effective Infection Control and Quality Assurance programs.
- Participates as a member of the organization’s Leadership Team.
- Minimum associate's degree in a related area, with a minimum of five years of relevant management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience of demonstrated knowledge and competencies in housekeeping, laundry, and floor care processes.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations, including Health Care Regulations & OSHA Health & Safety Standards.
- Strong computer skills using word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and supplies management.
- Strong communication and team-building skills.
- Must be able to adapt to schedule changes due to resident and/or staff requests and/or special events.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Must be self-directed and dependable.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude.