Our Information Technology Department at Franklin Pierce University has an opportunity for an Application Analyst to join our busy team.
In this important role, the Application Analyst is responsible for providing day-to-day support for our student information system, Jenzabar EX, and for a variety of other applications on campus, as well as project work in similar areas. You will need the following to be successful in this position:
- Strong skills in SQL Server programming,
- Familiarity with DBA work, including backups, security, and database maintenance,
- Experience with data import, export, and transfer to internal and external systems,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Windows Server, security, etc.,
- The ability to prioritize and switch contexts,
- Good troubleshooting skills,
- Good documentation skills and habits,
- Good communication skills,
- Ability to learn technical and domain topics on your own without formal instruction,
- Skills at analyzing and resolving vendor support,
- Ability to assist with testing and implementing software upgrades and patches
Experience with the following applications and services a plus:
- Jenzabar EX and EXi, Infomaker, Izenda,
- CBORD Odyssey PCS,
- Human Resources and Payroll systems,
- Canvas Learning Management System,
- SS Analysis Services,
- SS Integration Services,
- ITIL or similar
The successful candidate must possess at least three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience with applications. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or the equivalent in technical certifications and experience, is required. Previous experience in a higher education setting is also a plus. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, this is a full-time, 12-month position.
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for health, dental, and vision plans, as well as tuition benefits and pension contributions after criteria met. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About this company
Franklin Pierce University embraces an education that matters: one that achieves academic success through the integration of liberal arts and professional programs. Our community of educators and learners creates an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity and encourages experiential and applied learning. A Franklin Pierce experience enables each student to discover and fulfill his or her own unique potential. We prepare students to become confident, knowledgeable individuals and leaders of conscience.
University Vision Statement
Franklin Pierce University will be celebrated for providing distinctive educational opportunities that intentionally connect academic majors and programs to meaningful career options through the integration of our liberal arts heritage and excellence in undergraduate and graduate education. Our alumni will be well-prepared for the professional, personal and social demands of the 21st century and will continue to be ethical leaders and catalysts for positive change within and beyond their communities.
Location/Region: Rindge, NH