This position performs a variety of activities related to the supply, inventory, materials’ handling, and receiving functions of the company. Driving a box truck (over 10,000 lbs.), will pick-up and deliver mail and packages from other locations or vendors. Responsible for tracking and delivering all incoming overnight mail received from commercial carriers and distributing to appropriate department within established timeframes. Also responsible for the pick-up and delivery of mail and packages to the postal carrier store or company site. Ensures adequate level of mail containers are available for daily operation. Works closely with and provides coverage where necessary for Administrative Services team members, including acting as a back-up to the Print and Copy Coordinator, performing various printing, photocopying projects and operating miscellaneous companion equipment. Performs light maintenance on print and copy equipment. This is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis and is eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or comparable, progressive experience or specialist training typically obtained through a technical or trade.
- Minimum of two years related experience, Previous mail and/or distribution experience, as well as experience handling pallet/hand jacks or forklifts, preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team in a fast-paced, production and supply-oriented environment.
- Proven positive customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the company with internal and external customers (vendors, contractors, etc.).
- Proficiency and proven skill in use of office support tools available at the desktop, including strong knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail, proven organizational skills, as well as ability to multi-task; must be able to follow processes and instructions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Some tasks have physical requirements such as ability to lift 50 lbs and push/pull carts and hampers with up to 50 lbs of force (may weigh up to 1,000 lbs.); must possess the ability to drive a box truck (over 10,000 lbs.) and maintain all DOT-specific requirements, including but not limited to having a valid driver’s license, clear MVR, ability to obtain and maintain DOT medical card, etc.
About this company
We take care of our customers better than anyone else.
Serving insurance needs since 1923.
Location/Region: Keene, NH